Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

I was awakened this morning by the sounds of a truck's gears grinding. The truck was in my driveway (we live on a country road) so I went down to see what the problem was. Max, the gentleman driving the truck, told me in very broken english that his clutch was out. Max, a Mexican, was on his way to work on a home a mile or two down the road. I asked Max if he wanted a ride to work and he said "No....one man work me drive here.......Thank you, thank you very much". It seems Max is thankful. So am I.

I'm thankful for many things, which I could list, but the idea of saying "I'm thankful for my wife........who is beautiful........loving.........kind and generous..........my traveling companion........." seems so obvious. Who wouldn't be happy and thankful to have such a friend? Or I could talk about how thankful I am for my children, who have brought me so much happiness, and challenged me to be a better man. But again, who wouldn't be happy and thankful to be their dad?

So what then? What is it that I'm thankful for that I wish to express in both my words and deeds? I'm thankful that I know God, my creator, the creator of all things, and that he loves me..........a sinner.........a man who has fallen so short so many times. Yet no matter how short..........for God does not measure sin...........God provided for my salvation by dying on the cross for me. He could have lived eternally with His angels and whatever other perfect beings he has created, but he chose to live eternally with sinners saved by grace. Saved by Grace!!!

That's what I'm thankful for.

1 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing greater to be thankful for than God's AWESOME grace!! I too am Thankful for God's love in sending His son Jesus to be our Savior!! Have a blessed day Geoff!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home