Sunday, October 02, 2005

SPAM in the comments?

Readers of this blog will be noticing many comments "Deleted by Administrator". It seems SPAMers have figured out how to post spam in the comments section of blogs (I hope I'm not the only one this is happening to). Comments like this........."I really like your blog. It's one of the top3 I read. I have my own website which I hope you will visit. www.I'msofullofit.com"

No more than a minute after I posted my last entry there was a spam comment. I'm really mad, but too tired to do anything but delete the comment. I take solace that hell holds a special corner for spammers.

4 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's been happening for the last month to most all of the Milblogs. I'm not knowledgeable at all, but apparently there's a feature you can turn on that requires a commenter to identify a series of letters. The spammers can't read them, so you're spared the aggravation.

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geoff,
This doesn't have anything to do with SPAM, although they are the most annoying group of individuals on the planet.I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy reading your commentaries. I began visiting your site for a different reason, but I've gotten hooked on your insightful writing and the various links you've included. Thank you. :)

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger senorlechero said...

Tracy,

If it isn't SPAM, what is it?

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Go into blogger dashboard, select settings, select comments, and turn on word verification. Eliminates spam like you have been getting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home