Friday, September 02, 2005

Two Americas?

The theme of Senator Edwards campaign for the Democrat nomination during the 2004 Presidential election was "Two Americas". He tried to divide the US between the "haves and the have nots", the idea being that those who feel like "have nots" would vote for him. I think there indeed are two Americas, but not the two Edwards talked about, and I think the US may be on the brink of an actual divide.

What are these two Americas? Read this, written by a leftist democrat blogger, then I will finish my thoughts.

You may be tempted to think "those are the thoughts of a crazy person", and I would agree. But what psychosis causes such hatred and inhumane incoherence? Is it only "Bush Hatred" or is it a more profound "Republican Hatred"? You may also be tempted to think "only a small minority of nuts think like that". Oh really? Read this from Chrenkoff. These are the sincere thoughts of mainstream democrats in America and other civilized western nations. Bush and the Christian conservative right are to blame for both hurricane Katrina and the tragedy of her aftermath? Insanity is too naive a term to describe this way of thinking.

Every day the insane ranting of the left gets worse. I am beginning to believe that the left (and the democrat party is the party of the left.......with mainstream democrats echoing the insanity the left displays) truly believes the right is evil and deserves to die (or otherwise be neutralized). This is a very disturbing thought since the majority of the nation is on the right. How can a nation survive such deep division, and should we even desire to survive it? I am not sure I want to live in a nation where such crazy thinking is allowed to grow, even thrive. My father, a democrat I assume, tells my son, his grandson, that Bush is "not his president" and the patriotic feelings of Bush supporters are not "his patriotism". Can you imagine republicans in the 1930s and 1940s telling their grandchildren that FDR is "not my president" and "his war is not my war"?

Those types of rantings are dangerous. Racist white supremacists have been jailed and had their belongings confiscated for less hateful comments than what the left is saying today. Isn't it only a matter of time before someone takes these thoughts to their logical conclusion and begins killing those "evil" people on the right? How many times can President Bush be called evil before someone thinks it's ok to do him harm?

Are there two Americas? Perhaps not, but there will be soon if the left has it's way.

3 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am appalled at the hateful rhetoric that is getting so much media attention. Yet, according to them, President Bush is the divider, not the uniter. I beg to differ. THEY are the dividers. Absolutely everything is politicized. I don't know if it's because they deluded themselves into thinking for decades that 80% of the country was Democrat (despite losing election after election, all the while blaming the losses on election fraud that was later proved to be in favor of the Democrats), or if they simply can't handle the loss of power.

It is disturbing. After slogging through hundreds of posts in search of positive news in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina (i.e., not ALL people are murderers and rapists), I've read some opinions that give me grave concern for the future of this country.

No accountability, no willingness to step up to the plate (all energy is spent on condemning the president), excuses made for the dregs of society simply because they are poor ... it goes on and on.

According to them, President Bush is responsible for all Islamic hatred against the "West" (despite it going back for decades), is responsible for the devastation wreaked by Katrina, and is somehow responsible for the anarchy in New Orleans and other areas annihalated by Katrina, and every ill-fated societal program ever established in the U.S.

It defies logic, and it scares me that these people vote. It further scares me that they fight any effort to require identification before voting at the polls, and that they want illegal aliens and felons to have the right to vote.

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please excuse the typo-misspelling of annihilate.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the article you referred to, with my mouth wide open, in shock… just the mere THOUGHT of suggesting that people not help someone based on the fact that the live in a “red state”… that is incomprehensible!! “They deserve to live with the consequences of their vote”… what does that have to do with being humane and helping your fellow neighbor in need, no matter WHAT their political position may be... The aftermath of Katrina is catastrophic and my hearts go out to ALL those people that have been devastated by this Natural Disaster…(not something “caused” by President Bush). I will never understand that way of thinking. Yes, I agree this is a very disturbing line of thinking and “separation” of people. I guess I am naive enough to still believe in our pledge "One nation under God, Indivisible, with liberty and justice for ALL"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home