Monday, March 27, 2006

Postcard from the Front

We received a Postcard from Lcpl Tyler today. It was postmarked on March 14, after he had been in his "Battle Position" for about a week. It's a plain brown cardboard postcard, which Tyler tore from the back of an MRE package. The military has incorporated postcards into MRE packages so deployed troops can mail home. Pretty cool



Here's what it said..........."Hey Mom & Dad, This is the first piece of paper I was able to come by, if you don't know it's the back of an MRE. I think I've been in ******** about a week now, but I loose track of time over here right away. Things in ******** are so much different than last time. It's pretty incredible, we go on patrol and all the people are friendly, they don't run or hid or spit like they did before. The living situation is quite different than before too. We're in what's called a "Battle Position" though I don't think there will be a lot of battling this time around. I haven't seen Camp ****** yet, so I don't know how different it is. I know the chow is better there. Cpl ***** said the day we showed they ate steak and eggs for breakfast. So far our chow is minimal at best. We get one hot a day, maybe. So far it hasn't shown up 3 or 4 days. I'll say more in a letter. I love you. Tyler

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure word from Lcpl Tyler is like GOLD to you :o) Thanks for letting us hear the news too!! Great to hear directly from the "front lines" how the people of Iraq relate to the US military.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home